Sir Robert Geffery's Almshouse Trust : Geffery's Fields
Sheltered Accommodation in Basingstoke, Hampshire
Geffery's Fields is one of two sheltered housing schemes run by the Ironmongers' Company. There is a 24-hour emergency call system and support from an on-site Warden during the day.
Geffery's Fields has 49 one bedroom flats:-
- 13 for single people
- 36 for couples
Each flat contains
- Sitting Room
- Bedroom (with fitted cupboards)
- Kitchen (fitted with electric cooker and fridge freezer)
- Carpet throughout
- TV aerial
- Telephone point
- T.V. Lounge
- Library / Hobbies room
- Laundry / Ironing room
- Treatment room
- Extensive landscaped gardens
- be retired
- have a limited income
- be able to look after themselves and their flat as no cooking, domestic help or nursing is provided.
We regret that cats and dogs are not permitted.
|Double Flat with one person
|Double Flat, with couple
The charges include heating and hot water but do not include electricity in your flat, council tax or telephone.
How to Apply
- Telephone 01256 316230 between 9.00am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday, speak to the Warden on duty and make an appointment to view Geffery's Fields.
- Having visited Geffery's Fields, if you wish to apply to become a resident, please write to the Charities Manager at Ironmongers' Hall, Shaftesbury Place, London EC2Y 8AA.
Please include in your letter: your age, reason for applying, annual income and details of assets e.g. savings, property.
- If you are eligible we will invite you to a meeting to discuss your application. We will send you an application form and a medical form for your doctor to complete beforehand.
- You will be notified if your application has been successful and added to our waiting list.
- Vacancies are allocated on the basis of need and you may not necessarily be offered the next available flat.
Tel: 01256 316230
Sir Robert Geffery's Trust
Reg. Charity No. 219153