Sir Robert Geffery's Almshouse Trust : Geffery's House
Sheltered Accommodation in Hook
Please note that at the present time, no new applications are being accepted for Geffery's House.
Geffery's House is one of two sheltered housing schemes run by the Ironmongers' Company. There is a 24-hour emergency call system and support from an on-site Warden during the day.
Geffery's House has 49 one bedroom flats:-
- 28 for single people
- 21 for couples
There are also 4 two bedroom flats
Each Flat Contains
- Sitting Room
- Bedroom (with fitted cupboards)
- Kitchen (fitted with electric oven and fridge freezer)
- Carpet throughout
- TV aerial
- Telephone point
- T.V. Lounge / Library
- Laundry / Ironing Room
- Exercise / Treatment Room
- Extensive Landscaped Gardens
- be retired
- have a limited income
- be able to look after themselves and their flat as no cooking, domestic help or nursing is provided
We regret that cats and dogs are not permitted.
|Double Flat with one person
|Double Flat, with couple
|Two Bedroom Flats
The charges include heating and hot water but do not include electricity in your flat, council tax or telephone.
How to Apply
- Telephone 01256 762335 between 9.00am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday, speak to the Warden on duty and make an appointment to view Geffery's House.
- Having visited Geffery's House if you wish to apply to become a resident, please write to the Charities Manager at Ironmongers' Hall, Shaftesbury Place, London EC2Y 8AA. Please include in your letter: your age, reason for applying, annual income and details of assets e.g. savings, property.
- If you are eligible we will invite you to a meeting to discuss your application. We will send you an application form and a medical form for your doctor to complete beforehand.
- You will be notified if your application has been successful and added to our waiting list.
- Vacancies are allocated on the basis of need and you may not necessarily be offered the next available flat.
Tel: 01256 762335
Sir Robert Geffery's Trust
Reg. Charity No. 219153